This program focuses on “Ideas for the Practitioner,”
including discussions about how the sweeping new tax laws will impact divorcing
clients, income shares, the Uniform Interstate Deposition and Discovery Act,
practice management tips and attorneys’ fees. Our traditional judges’ panel and
a thorough Case Law Update are also featured.
- Learn how the Income Shares model of calculating child support in Illinois has worked, and get helpful pointers about adjusting to this process.
- Gain relevant practice tips to help you manage your practice and collect the fees that you’ve earned.
- Get up-to-date on the latest case law and tax changes impacting family law practitioners, as well as the newest changes to the statute.
- Understand how “personal income” is defined for both maintenance and child support purposes.
- Get a practical overview of the Uniform Interstate Deposition and Discovery Act.
- Learn from our panel of esteemed family law judges about how they approach tricky cases of maintenance, child support and other complicated family law issues.
- Special presentations include a Welcome from the AAML and View from the Bench.
- 6.0 CLE hours (including 1.0 P.R. hour)